from Eli Hunt - The Omphalos Code:
- An omphalos is an ancient artifact a hollow, dome-shaped stone, several feet tall, carved with a knotted netting around its entire surface. The Greeks believed that during religious rituals an omphalos could serve as a portal into the world of the Gods. So they installed an omphalos at every major temple throughout the Hellenic world in order for for their oracles to receive visions from the Gods.
- What many people do not realize today, is that besides this religious function, the sacred stones served another important purpose in ancient Greek life. The omphaloi also stood as secret way-points for travelers.
- From any single omphalos, a person could easily plot a course to anywhere else in the ancient world. Of course, that person would have to know the code used to inscribe the omphaloi with navigational instructions. A code made of of a combination of astronomy, mythology, and earth science.
- More information can be found in Eli Hunt's podcast discussing the Omphaloi...
- The Omphalos Code (transcripton and images)
 The Omphalos Code
- The Omphalus Code was used as a form of ancient "GPS".
- The code is always "first number - visual symbol - second number"
- First number: distance in Stadion (Each stadium is equal to 184.9 meters
- visual symbol: rough heading. Imagine zodiac circle with virgo to the north.
- Second number (1-30): fine heading. Each zodiac represents a section of 30 degree. So this gives an additional offset.
- The visual symbol includes one redirection. A symbol for one of the Olympic Gods is used. This god is again ascociated to the zodiac.
- On this site the connection between Olympian Gods and zodiac is explained. There are several different systems. The system from "Manilius" fits the three listed correspondences given in Eli's podcast (Sagittarius - Artemis, Virgo - Demeter, Aries - Athena). In table 5 of the site the connection of zodiac to Roman Olympian Gods is shown. Table 2 of the site shows the duality of Roman and Greek Gods.
- Symbols known so far are from the podcast. Triton, the symbol mentioned in Monica's book, is almost certainly the symbol of Poseidon, the Greek god of the oceans.
Bow and Arrow
 Omphaloi Locations
- See Omphaputer for information of how they were found.
- The Omphaloi are directions for locating special artifacts, which are chapters from The Codex of the Lost Ring.
|1) Stephenville, Newfoundland||"Navigate 20478 Scorpio 24 degrees"||1A: Cardiff, UK|
|"Navigate 20478 Taurus 0 degrees"|| 1B: Austin, USA|
|2) Ribnitz-Damgarten, Germany||"Navigate 3586 Hephaestus 2 degrees"||2A: Stockholm, Sweden|
|"Navigate 3586 Athena 22"|| 2B: Bruxelles, Belgium|
|3) Dongying, China||"Navigate 3969 Hera 8 degrees"||3A: Shanghai, China|
|"Navigate 3969 Ares 29 degrees"|| 3B: Seoul, Korea|
|4) Lunglei, India||"Navigate 47847 Hestia 14 degrees"||4A: Sydney, Australia|
|"Navigate 47847 Athena degrees 18"|| 4B: Johannesburg, South Africa|
|5) Boise, Idaho||"Navigate 4473 Hermes 25 degrees"||5A: Vancouver, British Columbia|
|"Navigate 4473 Athena 10 degrees"|| 5B: San Francisco, California|
|6) New Delhi, India||"Navigate 31639 Scorpio 22 degrees"||6A: Tokyo, Japan|
|"Navigate 31639 Apollo 29 degrees"|| 6B: Copenhagen, Denmark|
|7) Porto Alegre, Brazil||"Navigate 4596 Athena 23 degrees"||7A: Buenos Aires|
|"Navigate 4596 Hephaestus 2 degrees"|| 7B: Sao Paolo, Brazil|
|8) Da Lat, Vietnam||"Navigate 7050 Demeter 28 degrees"||8A: Hong Kong|
|"Navigate 7050 Poseidon 25 degrees"|| 8B: Singapore|
|9) Syracuse||"Navigate 1480 Hestia 13 degrees"||9A: New York City|
|"Navigate 1480 Apollo 27 degrees"|| 9B: Toronto, Ontario|
|10) Stuttgart, Germany||"Navigate 2698 Apollo 1 degree"||10A: Paris, France|
|"Navigate 2698 Hephaestus 6 degrees"|| 10B: Berlin, Germany|
|11) Blois, France||"Navigate 2394 Zeus 18 degrees"||11A: London, UK|
|"Navigate 2394 Apollo 13 degrees"|| 11B: Brest, France|
|12) Parepare, Indonesia||"Navigate 24640 Hestia 25 degrees"||12A: Melbourne, Australia|
|"Navigate 24640 Demeter 22 degrees"|| 12B: Okayama, Japan|
|13) Qazvin, Iran||"Navigate 20367 Apollo 16 degrees"||13A: Lausanne, Switzerland|
|"Navigate 20367 Hestia 14 degrees"|| 13B: Bengaluru, India|
|14) Garzon, Spain||"Navigate 24284 Hestia 8 degrees"||14A: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|"Pending."|| 14B: unknown|