Ariadne's Blog
 July 17, 2.06pm
- How cool is it that former Olympian Edwin Moses has signed up as our honorary coach for the lost sport? If anyone can prepare us to win gold on August 23/24, he can.
- If you haven't signed up for his coaching emails, write him at email@example.com!
- Here's the email he sent to athletes today. I'm already practicing my mantra... and getting ready for OUR Olympic moment. The rest of the world might not know it yet, but the lost sport is back, and WE are the champion players!
- From: 400 Runner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:27 PM
- Subject: Coaching for the Lost Sport
- To: email@example.com
- The outside world views us athletes very differently compared to what's really going on. They see us only in our big moments. But in reality, we are out there training 3-4 years ahead of time trying to figure out "how to peak at the right time".
- As you prepare for your Olympic moment, take time to think about your journey to this point. Even before you learned the lost sport, you were already developing your strengths.
- You know your strength. You know what you contribute to your team. You have been building up your Sofia, or your Thumos, or your Chariton, or your Sophrosune, or your Dikaiosune, or your Mythopoeia, your whole life.
- Maybe you never knew they would turn you into an Olympic athlete. But you knew they were a core part of your heart and soul. And now they are what drive you to win gold.
- Winning gold isn't about one race. It's about years of knowing what makes you stand out. What your gift is to the world.
- To get ready for your Olympic moment on August 23/24, you have to focus on your strength. See yourself as the most Sofia person in the world. Or the most Thumos. Or the most Chariton. Or the most Sophrosune. The most Dikaoisune. The most Mythopoeia.
- Your teammates know this about you:
- If you are their Sofia, you are the one of the world's cleverest players.
- If you are their Thumos, you are the world's most adventurous athletes.
- If you are their Chariton, you have one of the worlds' biggest hearts.
- If you are their Sophrosune, you are one of the worlds' most trusted advisors.
- If you are their Dikaiosune, you are one of the wolrd's greatest leaders.
- If you are their Mythopoiea, you are one of the worlds' greatest storytellers.
- This is your mantra for your Olympic moment!
- Your honorary coach for 2008,
- Edwin Moses
Tags: ftw gold olympiad